Does that wallet you’re currently rocking look old and busted?
Does your once shiny-looking wallet that smelled like fresh leather now wreak of pocket sweat and appear dull, with thread hanging from the sides?
Well, if you ask me, I think it’s time for a new one.
Fortunately for you, the hard work is already done. We’ve gone through a massive assortment of wallets on the market and have came up with a selection to suit your needs.
Don’t have time to read the whole thing? Check out my top pick, the Bellroy Hide & Seek, over on Amazon.
Things to keep in mind when looking for a new wallet
- The size of the wallet – Are you looking for something that can easily slide in your pocket?
- The number of compartments – Do you carry a lot of credit cards?
- Quality of material – Can it withstand your lifestyle? (i.e. angry significant other throwing your belongings out the window, accidentally running it over with your car, Rover using it as a chew toy)
You want to choose a wallet that has enough room for everything and, above all, will keep everything secure. By jamming 50 credit cards into a wallet that only holds 12 will make it look like this:
You’re at high risk of ruining the material by causing dents. You could even lose a few cards in the process.
What’s the whole point of having a wallet in the first place?
Check out my 3 top picks below.
Best overall: Bellroy Hide & Seek Slim Leather Wallet
Stun your friends with this elegant-looking wallet from Bellroy made from premium top of the line, leather. The slim-fit design allows you to keep it stylish and classy while keeping your bulk to a minimum.
- Holds a max of 12 cards with 4 quick easy access slots and 2 “hidden” pockets which you can use to store coins or extra cards
- Available in 5 different colors: Caramel, Java, Darker Java, Black, and Charcoal/Arctic Blue
- Many of the varieties come with an RFID protection option
- Comes with a 3-year warranty
- Measures 3.3 x 4.5 inches wide
Some users feel as though the “hidden” pocket causes trouble sometimes when adding or removing bills. But look on the bright side. If you have trouble spending too much money, this wallet will make you think twice about reaching for that $50 bill stashed in there.
This stylish wallet is great for those of you who are big on fashion and want to give the “I spent hundreds of dollars on this wallet” look without actually spending hundreds of dollars.
The inside color contrasts beautifully with the color on the outside and, best of all, it can go with any outfit.
What more could you ask for?
First runner up: Saddleback Large Leather Bifold Wallet
If you’re looking for something to impress your friends, check out this classic from Saddleback Leather.
The larger shaped wallet made from the most expensive and strongest grade of cow leather will give the illusion that you’re loaded and will allow you to organize your cards and cash in style without the bulk.
- Slim bifold profile with 4 slots that can hold several cards, 1 large pocket for bills, and 2 hidden pockets
- Available in Chestnut, Dark coffee, Black, and Tobacco
- RFID shielding to protect personal info — perfect for travelers
- Comes with a whopping 100-year warranty — who even lasts that long nowadays?
- Thread is made from a Marine-grade polyester that is UV and saltwater resistant — a lifesaver if it accidentally falls in the ocean
- A couple customers felt as if a few of the pockets were a little too deep. However, that can serve as extra protection for your cards.
- It’s a little wider than your average-sized wallet but can still fit in your pocket.
This is a decent size for all of you guys out there that like to load your wallet to the max.
With a ton of positive reviews from real users, you can’t go wrong with buying this for yourself or even giving it as a gift.
2nd Runner Up: Corkor Slim Bifold Front Pocket Wallet
If you’re one of those people who are allergic to leather or if you’re just looking for a different material altogether, check out this wallet from Corkor.
Their uniquely designed vegan wallet made from cork will give you the same durability as the usual wallets and will still give you that stylish look.
- 6 card slots, 2 hidden pockets, and 1 large compartment for bills
- Eco-friendly, 100% natural, scratch, and stain resistant
- Easy to clean and maintain — soap and water will do nicely
- Water resistant — great for when little Tommy decides to try and flush it down the toilet
- Available in 6 shades — Zebra, Red, Light Brown, Dark Brown, Blue, and Black
A few people complained of the small size. If you are the type to carry a boat-load of cards this may not be a suitable choice for you. Go with the second option.
This definitely isn’t your average-looking wallet.
The unique design on the front is what makes it stand out from the others while still keeping it friendly with the environment.
Which one should I choose?
Personally, I like the first one, but it all depends on your fashion sense and how much you carry on the regular.
If you’re trying to keep your spending in check, the Corkor would make an excellent and unique choice.