I think you’ll agree with me when I say:
It seems like finding a great messenger bag to fit your budget is REALLY difficult.
But fear not!
In this post, I’ve picked a ton of amazing bags that look great and will turn heads – whether you’ve got a ton of money to spend or don’t have much cash to spare.
Don’t want to read all of the reviews before you choose? Check out my top pick, the Kenneth Cole “Come Bag Soon”, on Amazon.
The Best Men’s Messenger Bags for under $100
Got a Benjamin in your pocket?
Then you’ve got enough to get a great messenger bag!
I’ve selected my favorite bags for different types of men and various situations. Check them out below.
Best Overall: Kenneth Cole Reaction “Come Bag Soon” MessengerBuy on Amazon
For our first sub-$100 messenger bag, we’ve got the “Come Bag Soon” – pun intended, I guess.
Less decorative than the Nattee bag below, this has a more professional and sleek look, while retaining the classy exterior.
Definitely a Stylish Carry favorite and one of the best men’s messenger bags!
- Comes in three beautiful shades – black, brown, and a reddish cognac color
- Padded interior and high-quality Colombian leather exterior just oozes style
- Special laptop pocket fits laptops with up to 15.6″ screens, as well as a tablet in the additional tablet pocket
- Rear pocket gives you easy access – I use this one for my passport and boarding passes while traveling
- Top handle isn’t very strong – it’s more for decoration than for use of the bag as a briefcase. I’d stick with shoulder bag style on this one.
A gorgeous bag with sleek, modern styling and high quality material.
You can’t go wrong with this bag, if you’re looking to keep your messenger bag budget under $100. This one will work for the office, school, and traveling – class yourself up!
Best for timeless, masculine style: Kattee “Crazy Horse” BriefcaseBuy on Amazon
Alright, let’s keep going until we find the right bag for you.
It has a stylish and professional “Crazy Horse” genuine leather exterior that will last you a long time. The buckles and stitching give it a unique and timeless look that’s perfect for taking to a work environment.
It’s just an all around great bag.
- Adjustable braid shoulder strap
- Space for a tablet or laptop up to 14″
- Push button flap in front with elegant buckles for decor
- Multiple interior pockets for cell phone, wallet, pens, and more
- Premium timeless look that works for professionals and travelers alike
- Use the top handle or the shoulder strap, making this work as either a briefcase or messenger bag
- Sturdy construction that will last a lifetime
- Real leather – it even has that great smell right out of the box!
- Adjustable front buckles to allow more interior room
- Some purchasers report that the bag is a bit on the heavy side. Honestly, this is to be expected, though, due to the material.
Whether you’re a new graduate or a professional looking to up their game at work, this is the messenger bag for you.
Great look, quality construction, and timeless styling – you can’t go wrong with this bag from Kattee.
Best for Casual Style: Herschel Supply Co. Sandford Messenger BagBuy on Amazon
Not a business professional?
No worries – I’ve still got you covered!
If you’re taking your laptop, tablet, and other items to and from school or a more casual office job, this is a great bag with a good amount of options.
- Holds a 15″ Macbook
- Comes in four different colors: Black, dark blue, grey, camo
- Modern styling with polyester material
- Shoulder and hand straps give you freedom to choose your carry style
- Padded interior to protect your devices
- “Suitcase strap” converts into a pocket if you’re not using it to travel
- None that we can see – to own it is to love it! (check out the customer reviews on Amazon for proof)
This messenger bag is a great choice under $100 for those looking for a traveling carry on or for a more casual school or workplace bag.
Padded compartments and modern, sleek styling are the standout features, as well as the ability to show your style (and match your wardrobe) with four distinct and attractive colors.
Best for Business Meetings: Kenneth Cole “Risky Business” MessengerBuy on Amazon
Need a bag for just for business meetings and short term use?
The Kenneth Cole “Risky Business” messenger bag is the perfect carry-all for you.
It’s made of leather, making it a good fit for anyone who finds themselves in a business setting from time to time. It has a sleek, professional look, while still being appropriate for casual settings.
This particular bag has a single main compartment, padded laptop sleeve, and two interior pockets. It’s a good fit for someone who doesn’t have a lot of small items to carry, and is looking for something to fit their laptop and a few books. It’s an even better fit if you’re looking for form rather than function, as it looks really great (in my opinion).
- This bag is simple, and perfect for someone who doesn’t have a lot to carry
- Easy access to your belongings
- Just enough additional compartments to keep things separated
- Adjustable shoulder strap and a shoulder pad
- It doesn’t offer as many organizational compartments as other bags, but that only poses a problem if you’re looking to carry a lot of small things
This bag is small compared to other options, so if you’re looking to carry a lot you should opt for something larger. However, I think the professional style of it makes it a great choice for someone that needs a bag for business meetings and other short-term professional commitments. Some buyers have said the color fades overtime, but taking good care of the bag should prevent that.
Best for Minimalist Style: Visconti Distressed Messenger BagBuy on Amazon
Fan of minimalist style?
The Visconti Distressed bag is made of leather and consists of a classy, but simple, design.
This makes it a good fit for those in professional settings, as well as those who are simply looking for a bag to carry around day to day.
It’s a perfect option for anyone who wants a briefcase alternative.
- This bag has simple design, which is very attractive on the inside and outside
- Full foldover flap with two magnetic connectors to keep it shut
- Oiled material with attractive contrast stitching
- Dimensions: 14.1 x 10.6 x 4.7 inches
- easily fit in any environment (ranging from casual to professional). Simple interior for a less complex interior setup (no endless zippers and hidden compartments)
- two zippered compartments (one interior and one exterior) as well as a main compartment
- a good alternative to a briefcase, but
- not ideal for someone who is looking to carry much more, or stay extremely organized.
This bag is a great fit for someone looking for an easy-to-carry alternative to a backpack or briefcase.
However, if you’re looking for messenger-bag specific benefits like compact in size and increased organization, this isn’t the best option.
The strap acts like a shoulder pad, making it slightly more difficult to carry during long commutes.
Best for “Urban casual” Style: Manhattan Portage New York MessengerBuy on Amazon
The Manhattan Portage NY Messenger bag is a good fit for bikers, students, gym goers, and professionals who aren’t looking to carry their fancier messenger bag around the office.
It’s not the most professional looking bag, but it’s a good option for those who value function over form.
- On the larger end of the spectrum when it comes to messenger bags
- can carry just about anything you throw at it
- has a large interior pocket (can fit shoes, change of clothes, etc.) as well as a zippered laptop compartment and small exterior compartments
- Dimensions: 22 x 12.5 x 8
- 7 different color variations to fit your specific style needs
- large size doesn’t take away from its organizational capacity, so you get the benefits of both a small and large messenger bag
- a good fit for anyone with a lot to carry
- Style isn’t appropriate for work, dates, etc.
- A little large for normal use, in my opinion, but that may be what you’re looking for!
This isn’t the bag you want to take to a date or to a business meeting, as it is very casual in appearance.
However, it is extremely practical and a good option for keeping stored under your desk, or putting in a locker at the gym. It gets you from Point A to Point B, with all your stuff in tow (and I mean all of it!).
The Best Men’s Messenger Bags under $50
For those on a slightly smaller budget, I haven’t forgotten about you.
These great bags will serve you well, and won’t break the bank!
Check out my picks below:
Best Overall Budget Messenger Bag: Brinch Unisex Oxford Fabric Messenger BagBuy on Amazon
This great bag from Brinch has a more modern look than the other bags below, comes in a ton of different colors, and is dripping with functionality. The styling is casual, so this is more appropriate for someone going to school, rather than a professional workplace.
If you’re looking for a great messenger under $50, you can’t go wrong with this one!
- High quality fabric exterior with padded interior to protect your important stuff
- Available in four sizes to accommodate laptops up to 17.3″
- Show your style with seven different colors, from grey and brown to pink and purple
- Choose whether you want to use the shoulder strap or the comfortable handle
- Water resistant and scratch resistant, to keep your bag going strong for a long time
- Weak velcro on the front enclosure
For those looking for a casual-style messenger bag for school or work, look no further than this. The fabric exterior comes in many colors and the bag itself comes in multiple sizes, so you can get the one that reflects your overall look and what you plan to carry in it. We think that Brinch has a winner on their hands here!
Best Classy Bag on a Budget: Vaschy Casual Leather and Canvas BagBuy on Amazon
First on our list is this great bag from Vaschy, a great manufacturer of shoulder bags for the “everyday traveler.” This messenger bag features dual materials (canvas and genuine cowhide leather), quality construction, and that usefulness that we look for in our recommended bags.
- Four stylish colors (blue, camel, and two shades of grey)
- Dual-material construction (genuine cowhide leather and canvas)
- Fits a 14′ laptop in the main padded slot
- Leather handle and shoulder strap
- Multiple interior pockets
- One year warranty
- Plenty of space for your computer, tablet, and daily carry items
- Shoulder strap is padded and comfortable
- Lots of pockets to keep you organized
- Sturdy hooks, zippers, and closures
- Some users report difficulty fitting certain laptops
- Occasional issues with the magnetic snap, though the manufacturer will replace the bag if there is a problem
Overall, this is an awesome bag with a great look, which will serve you well. Though the occasional user has reported issues with pieces falling off, the manufacturer’s warranty covers this and they will replace the bag. Generally, though, this bag is a high quality choice that you won’t regret.
Best Satchel-style Budget Bag: Baigio Vintage Nubuck Leather Cross-body Satchel
Made of high-quality leather, this professional-looking satchel-style bag from Baigio is a perfect choice for style on a budget. If you’re looking for a smaller bag that can hold a tablet and some other daily carry objects, you can’t go wrong with this sweet looking messenger bag.
- Comes in three shades of brown – classic, reddish-brown, and a “retro” brown color
- Multiple pockets to hold your stuff, from a cell phone pocket, main interior pocket for a tablet, and a back zipper pocket (to hide your wallet or other important things)
- Fits in with business or casual environments, also great for tourists and travelers
- Antique-style ornaments, magnetic buckle, and extra long zipper length for ease of use
- Some users report disappointment with the amount of stuff they can carry (which is natural, given its size), and the materials used on parts of the bag, like the pen holder
For those looking for a smaller bag for everyday carry or don’t need to carry a whole laptop with them, this satchel from Baigio is a stylish choice. The classic leather styling of it complements every outfit and looks amazing. Keep your tablet safe, while you carry your wallet, keys, and cellphone – even an umbrella.
This bag comes highly recommended.
Honorable Mentions – Great casual canvas bags on a budget!
The 3 bags above are top notch for this budget range (just check out the Amazon reviews for the Brinch, for instance), but I thought I’d give a few “honorable mention” bags.
These are still great, but they’re more of a smaller “cross body satchel” form factor. If that’s what you’re looking for, you can’t go wrong with these three.
Just choose the one that matches your style and click to read more user impressions and see the latest price:
Xincada Canvas Men’s Cross-body BagBuy on Amazon
This Xincada canvas messenger bag is made from high-quality cotton canvas. It has a very broad shoulder strap that can be adjusted very easily and there are several compartments inside the bag that can store a variety of items.
Whether you decide to carry this messenger bag by the shoulder strap or the handle on the top of the bag, you should be able to do so very comfortably and easily.
- Material: pure cotton canvas
- Measures: 8.3” X 3.7” X 9.9”
- Weighs 1.2 lbs.
- 10 pockets in total
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- You can easily adjust the should strap based on how you want to carry the bag
- The bag is large enough to fit small tablets and electronic devices
- There are compartments of many different sizes to store different sized and types of items
- It is not waterproof
- The shoulder strap is not padded
At such an amazing price, there are many great features to this bag. One of the best features of it is the many compartments that are included. There is space to store just about everything that you would want to place in the bag.
Mygreen Canvas Cross Body BagBuy on Amazon
Available in different colors and sizes, the Mygreen Canvas Cross-body messenger bag is definitely a steal when you compare its construction and features to the price. It is made of a very durable canvas material and it has a very fantastic lining on the inside. Although it is not waterproof, it offers a lot of protection for any item that you store inside.
- Materials: canvas and leather
- Dimensions: 10.6” X 14.1” X 4.3”
- Weighs 1.6 lbs.
- Able to fit up to a 13” laptop/tablet
- Padded and adjustable shoulder strap
- The top of the shoulder strap is padded for comfort while carrying
- The size of the bag is very ideal for carrying items on a daily basis
- You can adjust the wide shoulder straps easily for additional comfort
- You can wear it as a cross-body bag or as a single-strap bag
If we had to put a con in here, it’s that the bag is not waterproof, which can be a big bummer in the rain.
You don’t have to spend a fortune to get an amazing messenger bag and this bag is living proof of that. It has all the features that you would need in a messenger bag and more. Even though it is not waterproof, it is a fabulous way of carrying around your items.
Want to read more about it? Check out the Amazon product page here.
Ibagbar Small Canvas Shoulder BagBuy on Amazon
You don’t have to purchase a messenger bag that is very large; this bag from iBagBar is a much smaller option that can still hold a lot of items.
It can even hold tablets that are up to 10” in size. Plus, there are a ton of pockets on the interior and even on the outside that provides great storage space for smaller items.
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- Strong handle
- Velcro closure
- Measures: 10” X 11” X 5”
- 9 pockets in total
- Materials: PU leather and cotton canvas
- You can carry the bag by the shoulder strap or by the handle
- There are a lot of compartments in the bag for storing and organizing items
- It can fit a 10” tablet or notebook
- It has a very broad and adjustable shoulder strap
- The shoulder strap is not padded
- The bag isn’t waterproof
For such an amazing price, this messenger bag from iBagBar is a great deal.
Not only is it made of very good materials, it has a lot of features that are ideal for messenger bags that are much more expensive, such as the many compartments and dual method of carry. If you do not need a messenger bag to carry a large laptop, this one should be on your list of options.
Buyer’s Guide – How to get the Best Messenger Bag
What is a Messenger Bag?
Believe it or not, the messenger bag is a tool has been used all through history, dating back to ancient times when messengers traveled on foot. These days, they are a popular choice for both men and women, due to the design and functionality of this form factor.
What are the Benefits to carrying a messenger bag?
The way that a messenger bag is constructed allows it to contain and keep fragile items safe, like your smartphone, laptop, and other electronic items, as well as papers, books, and everything you need for work and play.
A messenger bag is a nice, trendy, and stylish (yet practical) way to carry all of your everyday items in just one package.
Why are they so great? There’s a number of reasons, such as:
- Messenger bags come in both men’s and women’s styles;
- They are available in a wide range of materials, from canvas to heavy duty leather;
- Messenger bags can be formal style for taking to work, casual for your day off, or a mix of the two;
- These bags can fit any kind of lifestyle and personality, and can be customized with any number of accessories to become “yours.”
All the essentials you need to know about messenger bags will be discussed in this guide.
The history and design of messenger bags
Messenger bags acquired their name due to the purpose they serve for bicycle messengers. The bag is a cross-body type and it stays on the user’s hip or lower back when riding a bicycle.
The design of these bags provide the messenger with a large freedom of movement, while allocating the items’ weight in a comfortable manner. Messenger bags have to serve a number of functions:
- they often contain all of a person’s everyday stuff;
- the wearer needs to access to that stuff easier;
- the bag also needs to keep any vulnerable items safe and free from breaking.
Because of this, the messenger bag was upgraded over time to meet all of those needs. Modern messenger bags have thus turned into a fashionable item that merges functionality and style.
This kind of bag is more than just an item to store your things in. It is also a great accessory. The styles and the materials that make a messenger bag can turn it into a stylish statement, rather than just a functional and workmanlike piece of equipment. For many stylish men, a great bag can often complete your look.
What materials do they make messenger bags out of?
Material is a factor that establishes the purpose, durability, and price of the messenger bag.
These bags can be made from a wide variety of materials that give off different vibes. Leather is timeless and classy, while sportier messenger bag models give off a more urban type of cool look. Messenger bags made with natural materials, like leather, offer a more traditional or professional style, while ones made with synthetics reflect more active or urban lifestyles.
Bags made from more distinctive materials, like rubber, offer an inimitable charm for individuals who are after a one-of-a-kind style statement. These types of bags may not be a good choice for more mainstream style, though.
If you want something classy and traditional, a leather messenger bag is recommended. This material is believed to be the oldest material employed for making bags.
To this day, leather messenger bags are sought after because, even if they succumbs to wear, the whole bag still looks good and functions even better. In fact, a leather bag that’s been worn and looks weathered can look much better than a brand new bag.
Currently, top choices in leather material include the top-grain and the full-grain kind. Most experts suggest that the best messenger bags for men are made with top grain and full grain leather because both materials age better than “genuine” leather.
Another popular choice for bag material is canvas. Canvas is typically made from linen or cotton and is woven in order to make a stronger, thicker fabric.
Because of their structure, messenger bags that are made with this material are often light, yet sturdy. This fabric also gives a casual look, so canvas bags are recommended for laid-back tasks, such as carrying school supplies and books.
The majority of canvas bags are also treated, in order to have water-resistant properties.
Plain canvas is also a good medium to extend your creativity; it is a nice material to paint or dye so, if you are the type who likes personalized items or has an artistic bent, you can go for messenger bags made with canvas.
Nylon bags are made with versatility in mind. Nylon is sturdy and lightweight and it undergoes a special procedure in order to make it tear-resistant.
Nylon’s resourcefulness also enables it to be employed in different places. If you want something fashionable, you can opt for messenger bags made with this kind of material.
Nylon is also naturally waterproof, so you can use it in places with frequent wet and snowy weather conditions. For better water-resistant properties, some nylon bags are treated with vinyl.
Rubber has a similar appearance to genuine leather, but it has a shinier finish. The item is naturally water-resistant, so if you want a bag to use for outdoor activities or rainy locations, you may want to choose this material.
On the other hand, rubber is not as flexible or stretchable compared with other bag materials. It’s also prone to getting hot in higher temperatures, so if your climate is a hot one, this may not work for you.
How to make sure you’re getting a great messenger bag every time
You might be wondering:
How can I buy a messenger bag online, and make sure it’s right for me?
Well, here’s the deal – Just do what I do.
In fact, I’ve already done the leg work for you. When I selected these recommended bags, I looked for items that have a strong combination of the following 3 qualities:
1. Modern and professional looks
Whether it’s a bag for business or for a college student, we like to choose items that have a modern look.
This isn’t to say we don’t love classics – but classics always look modern and in style. Whether it’s the color or the detailing, a modern bag should fit well with a modern, stylish wardrobe. Because a messenger bag is such an integral part of your overall outfit style, we want bags that are versatile and (unless it’s specifically casual) also professional when they need to be.
I think you’ll find that our selections fit the bill.
2. Top quality construction and detailing
Even if you’re not spending hundreds of dollars on a messenger bag, you still expect some measure of quality for your money. We’re no different.
The bags we choose need to hold up to daily use, both in their overall construction and in the details. If zippers are popping off and pockets tearing from normal usage, that bag is a no-go.
Additionally, the details themselves need to be sound. Buttons that are rusting and low quality buckles are also unacceptable.
3. The ability to do what you need it to do
More important than stylish looks and sturdy construction, a bag needs to be able to carry your stuff (all of it).
When we evaluate our picks, we look at how functional they are for the daily use you’ll put them through. For instance, are there enough pockets to keep your everyday carry items well organized and accessible?
Sometimes this means having a lot of pockets, and other times it means just having the pockets in the right place. Like having a padded main pocket specifically for an iPad or laptop. Or a dedicated cell phone pocket that is easily accessible and keeps your pants pockets free (a huge benefit of my own everyday messenger bag).
Like with everything in fashion, all types of bags undergo a cycle with regards to popularity. Regardless of the type of bag that’s in vogue, you can find them in most stores that sell men’s fashions and accessories.
Due to the ever-present demand for bags that can carry items safely and, at the same time, won’t sacrifice style, messenger bags will not lose their popularity. Messenger bags are extremely practical and convenient, and they are available in a number of styles that cater to different needs.
What to look out for when buying a messenger bag
When buying a messenger bag, design and construction is of paramount importance. Lots of styles include straps that are placed in various locations on the bag, for comfort and convenience.
The messenger bag is designed to be a functional item, so it is crucial that it can tolerate everyday usage compared with other kinds of bag.
Straps should be comfortable and well constructed. You’ll be opening and closing the bag often, so the closures should be strong and the stitching and material should be of high quality. Factors like hardware (whether functional or decorative) must be fastened securely and should not fall off with normal use.
If you need a bag for use at school or work every day, you can choose a bag that has bigger and more durable straps, plus a wider flap to safeguard its contents from unpredictable weather conditions. Bags that are made from leather or canvas are good for everyday use for work and school.
Different types of bags for different uses
If you want a travel bag that you can make use of from time to time for plane rides and car rides, you can usually make do with any material. Look for something that is light, trendy and compact. Go with your preference for looks and feel – it won’t let you down!
However, if you want something that will house vulnerable items like phones and computers, you have to look for a model that is cushioned or padded well, in order to keep the items safe inside.
If you’re outside and in a climate with a lot of precipitation, the messenger bag you choose should be waterproof, as well. It should have a number of separate compartments to keep items from rubbing against each other.
The number of items you plan to carry can also influence your decision. If you want something that will only carry a few items, messenger bags that are smaller and more compact in size are also available. They are more square-shaped than rectangular. These types of bags (sometimes called shoulder bags) usually come in a nice selection of colors and often have stylish designs.
How to spot good craftsmanship (even over the Internet)
Remember that a bag with complete hems, ship-shape seams, and well-secured trims are indications of excellent craftsmanship. If you are hunting for the best messenger bags for men, you have to check those factors.
If you are looking for one online, make sure that the shop or seller has a number of images where you can clearly see those details. If you’re shopping online on a site like Amazon, you can check out the reviews (or read the review here on Stylish Carry).
In person, it is better to inspect the interior lining of the bag as well. A plastic lining is waterproof, which is great, but it might succumb to wear and tear more quickly than bags with a fabric lining.
Plenty of brands fuse durability and water-resistant properties by placing a waterproof plastic liner between the exterior and the interior liner made of fabric. This method helps to guarantee durability and longer wear, but it does add to the price and weight of the item.
If the model features a front flap with a 2-point closure, this is usually going to be more secure than a 1-point closure bag (but slightly more annoying to close). This is recommended for people who use messenger bags for work, school, or travel – if you’re on the go, that secure closure can be super helpful.
If you are going to use the bag simply to store food or drink, it will require cleaning occasionally. Bags with leather materials are often resistant to food and drink spills, but bags made with canvas, nylon, and rubber have to be washed or wiped clean.
Adjusting your bag properly
Bags with adjustable straps are good for bicycle riding or jogging. In order to allocate weight in a balanced way and make carrying the bag more comfortable, it is advised that you pull the strap higher and more securely while doing those activities.
Carrying the bag in a higher position can alleviate back strain and make riding and carrying your items more comfortable.
Ultimately, it’s up to you how you want to carry your bag. For those who strap the bag over one shoulder, there’s always the danger of neck and shoulder pain, as well as back problems, if you’re putting too much weight there. For those situations, a backpack or book bag might be a better choice, as this balances the weight more equally across the back.
Messenger Bag Care and Maintenance Guide
You have found your dream messenger bag – now you’re ready to take it on your daily trips from home to work or school, or weekend outdoor activities.
In order to keep your bag in tip-top shape and make it last a long time, it is wise to provide it with the care and maintenance it deserves. Keep your bag at its best with the following suggestions:
- As much as possible, try to prevent your bag from coming into contact with dirty surfaces that could tear or damage it.Sure, it’s not easy to totally avoid doing this, especially if we are using our bag every day for work or school. Do your best, though, and you will allow your bag to last longer and help maintain its appearance.
- You should opt to invest in fabric protectors, or commercial sealants, for canvas messenger bags.Use them by following the product instructions carefully. Before applying the product on the whole bag, you can first test the product out on a small, discreet part of the bag.
- To get rid of dirt caused by everyday usage, you can use a stiff brush on the bag’s exterior. This will take care of the dirt, without damaging the item.
- If you are using a leather messenger bag, you can use a regular leather cleaner and conditioner on it.Apply it carefully and follow the cleaner and bag manufacturers’ instructions.
- If the leather bag gets soaked, you should remove all of the items inside it and allow the bag to dry thoroughly as soon as possible!If you are in a rush, it is better to use another bag until your leather bag is dry, since using a hair dryer on it can damage the leather material.
- For discoloration and stains, blot the stains out with lukewarm water and a soft rag or use a commercial fabric cleaner on it.
Giving your messenger bag the care and maintenance it needs will make it look great and stay clean at all times. Taking the time to care for your bag will also lengthen its lifespan, particularly for those bags that you’ve invested a lot of money in.
A messenger bag is designed to be chic and functional and, with a little effort on a consistent basis, it will maintain its exceptional appearance for a long time.
Wrapping it up
So why should you carry a Messenger Bag?
To me, messenger bags are one of the few things in the world that need no introduction.
You see lots of men wearing them, whether you’re strolling through New York, Chicago, or even your local suburb. The reason I love them so much is that they can be a real fashion statement, as well as a practical tool for the everyday man.
By this, I mean that messenger bags can both complete an outfit, and serve as a means of carrying anything from your laptop to the book you’re writing. That’s why you’ll often see men wearing them on college campuses, in the office, and around town.
What benefits do you get from using one?
One of the major benefits of a messenger bag is that they make organizing your things easy, and are more easily accessible than a traditional backpack.
This is super helpful for your EDC (everyday carry) needs.
These bags come in so many different shapes and sizes. It can be hard to find one that’s a perfect fit (but we promise it’s out there). I think that the above selection of the best messenger bags under $100 has something to suit everyone’s style and practical needs. Additionally, we took into account comfort, construction, and overall value for money in making our choices.
Because your style is so unique, we picked a variety of designs so that you can find something that works for you.
For more info, check out this great YouTube video for more advice about styling yourself with accessories:
Here’s the deal:
Despite the fact that I love all the bags above, if I had to choose, I’d probably go with the Kenneth Cole Reaction “Come Bag Soon” – I’m a fan of the modern design with less “stuff”.
No offense to the Nattee, but I prefer a “slicker” bag without the decor on the front.
However, if you’re a fan of the buckles and a more classic western, “Pony Express” messenger bag look, the Nattee above is a great choice. You really can’t go wrong with any of them (otherwise I wouldn’t have blogged about them!).
There are a ton of amazing bags that you can pick up on any budget.
Got any other suggestions for a great messenger bag, budget notwithstanding? Leave them in the comments below!
updated July 2018